It is quite a challenging task to plan a route for the fleet of the truck. In case of small logistics then you can manage the show. But for multi-drop fleet with more than 50 vehicles, you need a route planning software to ship hundreds of customers on a daily basis.
Follow The Tips Given Below To Choose The Right Software
Given that the technology advances on a daily basis in the industry the route planning software is no exception to it. It keeps making much advancement, and you must know to adopt them and carry out a hassle-free shipment. Make your customer happy about your service and feel good.
- When the shipment order and the customers you connect with is a constant and sizable number, then you need not look for software that builds a route from scratch. It can be programmed once, and you can make use of it. But, when the volume increases and you have customers in different locations, then you need to create an optimal route using the software and ensure it is dynamic to be programmed based on the need.
- On the one hand, you may have simple, well-defined routing, and hence fleet transfer is not an issue. On the other side when the routing requirement is complex, then a proper planning is required. Go for planning software which will help you to re-optimize based on the new orders. It is wise to buy such a software which is optimizable than to change software often.
- Truck drivers can help you efficiently ship the product only if you can guide them appropriately. Therefore opt for software that is compatible with mobile phones and can assist in vehicle tracking. You can stay connected with your truck drivers and make a quick shipment.
- Every vehicle tracking routing software must be tracked for using the data in future. So make sure you can download the data as a report to calculate the difference obtained from the actual and the planned kilometer.
- Since the software comes with automation feature, it helps in cutting cost beginning from the truck fuel, minimizing many routes to one, hence less number of drivers. Therefore you must plan to increase the productivity by assigning more tasks, getting business in more locations, etc. This can help you do justice to the cost you invested in the software by making the best use of it.